Monday, January 20, 2014

The year of the Blue Wooden Horse

2014 is the year of travel for me. Domestic expenses have been shelved. New plants, a coffee table, new linen will all be bought next year or the year after that. This year I will see what I can of the world and my corner of my country. This year I will be the budget traveler without heed to soft beds and sanitized loos. The first trip of the year set the tone for that. A 20km trek to 6702 feet and back for an unfit first timer, reverse bungee-jumped my brain into the uncomfortable and unfamiliar. I took half an hour more than anyone else and almost gave up half way on a trek that was graded moderate to easy. But now I am addicted and I want my next fix.

So, the Russians call 2014  the year of the blue wooden horse. A year they believe will be tempestuous, temperamental and a thrill ride. Make what you will of it. My plan is to travel in a whole new way, push myself beyond safe lines and reach a whole new place at the end of this year.

Images Courtesy Siddarth Murlidharan & Marie Lisa Jose




No comments: